Do your own thing!
Most people like being around fun individuals. It's just human nature. People who are fun are usually quite popular among their friends, have good social lives and are rarely bored. Do you want to be a fun person? If so, read on.
1. Listen. Fun people don't do all the talking when it comes to conversations. Good conversations are crucial when you want to be a likable person, and sometimes you just have to be quiet and listen. Realize too, that listening is a learnable skill that takes practice, and it's more difficult than many people believe. So talk about a topic/subject you want to, then listen to his/her opinion about it or let them start a topic for a conversation.
2. Smile and laugh. Laugh because people like people who laugh with them (not at them). This makes people happy and brightens the way they think of you. It makes you seem like you truly love life and you can deal with any problems that you have to face. Be a happy person, not ditsy and uncaring, but optimistic. Think about the people you most enjoy being with, usually they are always on the up and up. There are times to be sad, but they should not take up a majority of your time.
3. Make eye contact. This is very important because it makes people feel like they have all of your attention, you are listening, interested in what they have to say and they are getting the attention that they deserve. It also makes you seem more trustworthy, honest, and open. If you are always shifting your eyes around and looking at everything but the person you're talking to, people will think that you don't care what they have to say or you have something to hide.
4. Be active. Are you having fun when you are sitting at a bench, looking down and not doing anything at all? In order to be fun to be with, you need to be active, to stand up, to be creative. Maybe do a "happy dance" when something good happens, take up a sport, or twirl around to cheer someone up. It works!
5. Be curious. Know what you'll be doing later. If you get turned down or rejected, move on. You never know what's going to happen until you try. Always try to seek out more knowledge or skill in an area that interests you. It will really improve your character. Go ride a bike past the local park or walk to the nearest local hangout spot because you never know who you'll meet.
6. Care about yourself. In order to be a fun person, you must be confident. Also, physically take care of yourself--Eat Healthy for Life, and Get Fit.
7. Be sociable and friendly. In order to be fun to be with, you'll need to build some new relationships so people start noticing you. Be friendly to everyone--people who were mean to you, that guy that sits next to you in math class, your team captain--everyone. Treat your new friendships well. Praise them, cheer them up when they're down. Joke with them (not at them), help them, invite them to parties, etc. Just be yourself, and be a people person. Be friendly, kind, giving, caring, generous, learn about them, and make them want to know more about you. Be mysterious and intriguing! It totally works.
8. Don't be afraid to really go out there! If you are afraid of people thinking you are weird, strange, etc., just think of the bright side. You don't need them, and hey! you're trying to meet new people anyway, so it will take your mind off the negatives.Plus who cares about what anyone else thinks. Don't let anyone label you. Be who you want to be and don't be afraid to be yourself. People hate phonies!! So go out there and rock the real you.
· Save some time each day for your own needs.
· Don't be afraid to be yourself, whether or not it overlaps or doesn't overlap with other people's interests. Be interested.
· Always pursue knowledge. Knowing a lot will help you become wittier.
· Know your limits, and let other people know those limits too.
· Always be trustful and honest. Be genuine and don't gossip about others.
· Just be confident, trust yourself and what you do, believe in yourself and others will believe in you.
· Don't only pay attention to being fun. You need to keep a more serious side and let it show at appropriate times too. If your friend is asking you for support through hard times, you need to take that as your responsibility and show them that you're a friend worth keeping. Same thing goes with your parents--show them that you deserve more freedom by doing what they say and being responsible.
· Don't try to make people think you are fun. It comes off as phony and pushy.
· Don't laugh at people. Laugh with them. It's good to laugh at yourself, though. You have to in order to stay happy through your mistakes and failures.
· Be aware that the kind of fun you're having is healthy, legal, and doesn't cause anyone any harm, including yourself.
· If you are really close, obvious flirtatious teasing is all right. But if you are just getting to know someone, start off polite.
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Do your own thing!
Posted by mrp721 at 11:30