Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Listening to Your Soul by Linda Storey

I was sitting at the kitchen table across from my husband and feeling discouraged as I expressed the doubts that were on my mind. My car was acting up yet again, something that was occurring far too often. Disappointment came over me as I saw my trip to the mainland to celebrate my Mom’s 87th birthday go out the window. At times I like to make fun of the drama I create in my life so picture me putting the back of my hand to my forehead and saying, “Oh woe is me,” to express my plight. That’s how ridiculously helpless I felt.

Well of course the situation left me feeling hopeless and helpless because…hello…I was continually focusing on everything that wasn’t working out for me. For weeks and weeks, I had given attention to the disappointments, frustrations and cancelled plans caused by my unreliable car. But then, in that moment, it was as if Divine Inspiration came over me in the kitchen. I began listening to longings and murmurings of my soul and immediately felt inspired to ask myself some great questions. Out loud, I said, “How is it that I have tolerated this for so long?

When did I decide to lower my standards to this level? What do I really want?” I was surprised at the crystal clear answer I got back. “I think you want a new car…YES…you’re darn right, that’s what I want and I want it now.” Within a week I test drove and bought a brand new Hyundai Accent, fully loaded with all kinds of great features. It’s so much fun to drive, the amazing warranty gives me peace of mind, the gas mileage (48 miles per gallon) keeps money in my pocket, and Van Morrison soothes my soul as his bluesy voice comes through the speakers.

And to top it all off, it’s so much fun knowing the universe is in the process of lining things up for a trip to hot and sunny Santa Fe and the Southwest because this little cutie comes with air conditioning too. I love it when I take the time to listen to the wisdom of my soul, realizing it’s important that I place a high value on myself and my needs. Have you been tolerating something for far too long? Do you want to value yourself and bring some feel-good magic back into your life? I'm inviting you to ask yourself the same questions that I did:

How is it that I have tolerated this for so long?
When did I decide to lower my standards to this level?
What is it that I really want?More empowering questions may also come to your mind. If so, make sure you ask them as the answers will come, allowing more ease and grace to flow back into your life and into your business.

Linda Storey works with spiritually based women entrepreneurs who want to value themselves, fall in love with their businesses again and be paid what they’re worth. She offers a Soul Plan for Prosperity program, along with New Possibilities & Over The Rainbow coaching packages. She is certified in NLP, EFT, Law of Attraction and Hawaiian Huna and loves integrating these modalities with her previous corporate banking experience. She has a natural ability to provide simple solutions to complex problems.

Linda provides free resources, Tips & Scripts in her bi-weekly ezine. Visit http://www.SoulPlanForProsperity.com and http://www.EverydayNLP.com to learn more. © Copyright 2008 Linda Storey. All rights reserved.

0 comments: